- 500gms turkey thigh mince
- 100gms oat flakes
- 1 beaten egg
- Spices to taste. e.g. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional:finely chopped red pepper and/or 2 tbsp tomato puree
1.Put mince, oat flakes spices and optional additions into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the beaten egg then plunge your hands into the mix and mash around until evenly mixed – messy yes, but by the best way to do it.
3. Shape into approximate ‘sausages’ and roll in cling film, finish each by rolling tightly by hand and placing and freezing ready for late use.
3. Or… as I now do, using a sausage nozzle on a mincer (hand mincer or in my case on a Kenwood mincing attachment for example). I bought mine from Amazon for about £10. Along with sausage casings. Fiddly at first, slide as much of the sausage casing on the nozzle as you can (the longest I manage is about 20-25cm which makes 2 or 3 sausages at a time. Gently squeeze the filled casing where you want your sausages to be formed until you can twist around into individual sausages. Cook or freeze as desired.
FODMAPS: These have none of the non-fodmaps ingredients that bought sausages contain lots of…, onion is very difficult to avoid and also unlisted flavouring often with garlic plus sausage stabilizer which contains lactose. Play around with the optional extras and spices.