What do I hear? Toad? Hole? Delia had never had this before she met me. No its not toad – its batter pudding with sausages.
- 4 sausages (see my sausages under miscellaneous)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 large egg
- 4tbsp olive oil
1. Take 2 shallow oven proof dishes. About 15x20cm and about 5cm deep – whatever you can find, It’ll work with a single larger one but might not be as fluffy.
2. Put 2tbsp oil into each dish. Roll 2 sausages around in the oil to cover evenly and put them in an oven set to 200°C.
3. Break the egg into a bowl, add the flour on top, then add the soy milk and beat until smooth.
3. Once the sausages start to brown add the batter to each dish, pouring over the sausages.
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. When done, you should have fluffy yorkshire pudding with two ‘toads’ each, Serve with fine green beans or runner beans and a FODMAPS safe gravy. I use the cheapest Sainsbury’s stock cubes (which contain no flour onion or garlic, look carefully at the “cheap stuff’s” ingredients you might find onion, wheat and garlic free. Thicken with corn flour – or Bisto’s Best Chicken gravy seems OK, at least it works for us and the ingredients look safe.
FODMAPS: ‘My’ sausages and spelt flour and a carefully selected gravy and vegetable make this a good safe option..