Take care with this one, tomatoes are OK in small doses. Good to have on a day when you haven’t had much other fruit (yes tomatoes are a fruit 🙂 ).
- 800gms tinned tomatoes (2 cans)
- 200gms carrots
- 200gms courgette
- 2 coarsely chopped peppers (red and/or green to taste)
- 250ml vegetable/chicken stock
- 1tbsp dried basil
- a few fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Chop carrots into bite size and cook (preferably roast in hot oven for 20 mins, boiling is ok then you can keep the liquid as the stock)
2. Add the courgettes (cut to similar size to the carrots) for the last 10 minutes of cooking the carrots
3. If roasting add the peppers too, otherwise brown these under the grill or in a frying pan
4. Set the peppers aside and put everything else into a large pan and liquidise with a stick liquidiser or use a standalone liquidiser for portions.
5. Add a tablespoon of dried basil, season and bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.
FODMAPS: As I said above, tomatoes can cause problems especially if you have had other fruit on the same day; this is quite a tomato concentrated dish so either keep your portion small or be aware.