There’s any number of things to put on a pizza; below is an example with Delia’s favourite toppings.
- Gluten free pizza base
- 200gms passata (or tinned chopped tomatoes, liquidised and strained)
- 200gms mozzarella cheese (5mm slices)
- 2 chopped mixed peppers
- 4 halved cherry tomatoes
- 200gms pineapple pieces
- 50gms quorn or soy mince
- 100gms halved pitted black olives
1.Spread the passata thinly on the pizza base. Bought passata can have flour, onion and or garlic in so you could make your own by straining tinned tomatoes and liquidising them. Keep the strained liquid for soup (see tomato soup).
2. Arrange the toppings as desired.
3. Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 20 minutes. Watch it during the last 5 minutes to ensure it cooks to your taste, nicely browned rather than burnt is best 🙂
FODMAPS: this is a good way to use up any FODMAPS safe leftovers. Quorn mince is safe as are pieces (at the time of writing) but the fillets now have tapioca in them so bear this in mind to ensure you keep wheat to a minimum.